Sunday, June 3, 2012

Obese Teenager Loses Weight in Hospital


Title: Britain's fattest teenager who had to be cut out of her house loses three stone in a WEEK as she admits to secretly buying junk food online
Subject: Overweight girl loses weight now she is not allowed to buy food anymore


Summary:

An overweight girl was cut out of her house last week; she weighed about 52 stones and was not able to stand up anymore. She has lost a lot of weight now she is in the hospital. She is on a strict diet, which the hospital and the girl’s mom oversee. Without her parents knowing the girl, named Georgia Davis, ordered food, which was brought to their house. She sneaked the food up to her room and that is probably why she has gotten this big. Davis still has to stay in the hospital, for at least another three months. After that she will be moved to an obesity clinic.


Reaction:

The kind of stories about obese people who have to be cut out of their houses always shock me. In this case I do sort of understand though, it is not like her parents gave her that much food, she ordered it secretly herself. The problem is that you cannot monitor a girl this forever, at one point she has to be able to control herself and eat healthy without people helping her.  I hope that they will teach her those kinds of things in the obesity clinic and I assume they will. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, this is really shocking. I cannot help but wonder though how the parents did not notice. It sounds a bit shabby, their story. Every so often someone delivers something at the door which the girl does not want her parents to see and she grows fatter everyday. How do you not start to wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No body grows to Jabba the Hutt proportions without anyone noticing. The parents must have realized that they were either being outsmarted or buying a very weird brand of genetically altered peas. I do want a video recording of the "cutting-out-of-the-house" thing although it will probably be less awesome than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete